- True RS-485 Star Wiring Hub
- Independent RS-485 driver for each channel
- LEDs for indicating TxD/RxD activity
- Self-Tuner baud rate, 300 ~ 115200 bps and fixed baud rate setting via rotary switch, 1200 ~ 115200 bps
- Hubs can be daisy chained for 256 channels
- 120Ω termination resistor for each channel
- Power Input, +10 ~ +30 VDC
- Operating Temperatures, -25 °C ~ +75 °C
RS-485 Active Hub
The I-7520U4 is isolated RS-232 to 4-ch RS-485 active star wiring hub, it has 4 independent RS-485 output channels and one RS-232 input channel.
Each output channel is equipped with an individual driver. The data from a master to the input channel will simultaneously be forwarded to all the four output channels.
Baud Rate Setting
The I-7520U4 provides 2 modes of baud rate setting, one is Self-Tuner mode and the other is fixed baud rate mode. The Self-Tuner mode can support Multiple Baud Rate and Multiple Data Format.The Self-Tuner design is exactly the same as I-7520 series. The Fixed baud rate mode offers a better quality for data transmission over long or lossy lines or electrically noisy environments.
The Short-circuit protection can automatically shut off the breakdown channel, this kind of design can suffice to protect the communication system.
When a connected RS-485 equipment breaks down, the breakdown channel will be isolated to ensure that other equipments work normally.
In some critical environments, you may need to add termination resistors to prevent the reflection of serial signals. The I-7520U4 includes a 120[ termination resistor for each channel by jumper selectable (Default disable).
The I-7520U4 has 6 LED to indicate the power status and network traffic. The TxD/RxD LED will flash when the unit is being sent out or received data.