I-7520A-CR, RS-232 to Isolated RS-422/485 Converter, 3000 Volt isolation on RS485 side
- RS-232 to RS-485 converter (I-7520, I-7520R) or RS-232 to RS-422 converter (I-7520A, I-7520AR)
- Automatic Baudrate detection, 300~115200 bps
- 3000 VDC galvanic isolation protection on the RS-232 or RS-485 side
- ESD Protection for the RS-232/422/485 Data Line
- Power Input voltage: +10 ~ +30 VDC
- Supports Operating Temperatures from -25 °C ~ +75 °C
- DIN-Rail Mounting
I-7520 and I-7520R are RS-232 to RS-485 converters, while I-7520A and I-7520AR can convert RS-232 signals to both RS-422 or RS-485. The main benefit of these converters is the possibility to use the higher transmission range and networking capabilities of RS-422 / RS-485 networks without any hardware or software modification in the application environment.
I-7520 converter installation is very easy: the baudrate is automatically detected (max 155200 bps) and adjusted by the integrated self-tuning ASIC, the converter is mounted on DIN-Rail, and is powered over an unregulated 10 to 30 VDC power supply.
The isolation type between I-7520 / I-7520A and I-7520R / I-7520AR is different. In I-7520 and I-7520A, the 3kv galvanic isolation is on the RS-232 side, allowing the electrical protection of the RS-232 device from electrical disturbances occuring on the RS-422/485 side. In I-7520R and I-7520AR, the isolation is on the RS-485 side, which is useful in the case the RS-232 could cause electrical threats.
Download Specification Sheets